After exposing your impacted tooth, our endodontist will provide post-op instructions to help you heal and recover. Please follow these instructions to get the best results from your treatment.
After your impacted tooth is exposed, we recommend that you:
- Do not disturb the wound
- If surgical packing was placed, leave it as it is
- Some bleeding or redness in the saliva is normal for 24 hours, but if bleeding is excessive or will not stop, please contact our office
- Some swelling is expected and can be minimized by using ice packs in 20 minute intervals
- Drink plenty of fluids, but avoid hot liquids and food
- Maintain a soft diet the day following your surgery
- Use mild pain relievers as needed to manage discomfort
- Gently rinse your mouth the day following surgery
- You may brush your teeth after the surgery, but do so gently to avoid disturbing the surgical areas
- Relax as much as possible after your surgery and avoid strenuous activities for 24 hours after your procedure
If you have any questions about impacted teeth in South San Francisco, California, or to make an appointment with Dr. Angela Leung, call us today at 415-681-2697.