Post-op care is crucial following your wisdom tooth removal. Please follow all instructions our endodontist and team provide so that you can recover without complications. If you have any questions about your wisdom teeth removal in South San Francisco, California, or to make a follow-up appointment with Dr. Angela Leung, please contact us at 415-681-2697.
We recommend that you:
- Do not rinse or spit for 24 hours after your surgery
- Keep your fingers and tongue away from the surgical site
- Use ice packs at 20 minute intervals to alleviate swelling
- Use mild pain relievers, such as Tylenol or ibuprofen as needed
- Take any medications prescribed to you by our endodontist as directed
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Do not use a straw
- Avoid smoking or using tobacco products for five days after your surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities and do not exercise for 3-4 days after your surgery
- If the muscles of your jaw become stiff, apply warm, moist heat to the area of your face over the stiff muscles
- After the first day, use a warm saltwater rinse after meals for one week to flush out food debris (½ teaspoon in a glass of warm water)
- Maintain a soft diet and avoid eating anything that could get stuck in your teeth
Please contact our office if you have any questions or would like to schedule a follow-up appointment.